Thursday 25 October 2007

Words of a Champion

"I'll fight Kessler any way he wants," said 35-year-old Calzaghe as the war of words between the two champions reached new levels.

"I've never taken a backward step in the ring, and I don't plan on starting now.

"I'll out box Kessler like I did against Jeff Lacy, I'll out fight him and I'll out punch him like I did against Byron Mitchell.

"Suggesting that I won't stand toe to toe with him is absolute rubbish.

"He can have the fight in a phone booth if he wants because I'm going to be in his face from start to finish.

"I'm quite happy to give him an all out war if he wants one.

"Mitchell and Charles Brewer tried to fight it out with me and they ended up getting a beating.

"And when Lacy came at me I kicked his ass for twelve rounds.

"Kessler had better watch out because there's nothing I like more than a bit of needle. He's a dangerous opponent, but when I smell danger my fighting instincts kick in."

Continue reading: CALZAGHE-KESSLER HEATS UP!

Further reading: KESSLER: I'LL KO CALZAGHE

Further reading: CALZAGHE-KESSLER: BUZZ GROWING